Mental Health Monday is a blog dedicated to breaking down the barriers that keep us from speaking openly about mental health and mental illness. Most of all, it is an educational safe-space for readers who want to learn and help others by sharing their stories.
So let’s work together.
Submissions can include poetry, prose, narrative, audio, video, photography, illustration, etc. This is an open space for you.
1. Please email submission via an attachment, a short bio including first name and age, and a title and description of the submission and what it means to you to email@example.com. In the subject line, please put “Attn: MHM Submission.”
2. If you include images (photos, illustrations, comics, etc) please make sure they are high resolution, 72 dpi RGB. (.PNG or .JPEG are best.) Please be mindful of graphic or triggering visuals.
4. Word count for all submissions has a max of 1,500 words. Exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis.
5. For videos, spoken word, audio, etc, please be mindful of language (swearing and/or language that might hurt others) and any graphic or triggering visuals. Try to keep video and audio under 20 minutes long. Exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis. Please submit in the form of a YouTube, Vimeo, SoundCloud, etc. link and embed code.
6. Your work should be your own. Plagiarism will not be accepted.